The IS Project Manager handles all phases of exceptionally large and complex long-term strategic projects related to Information Systems and Technology for the Office of Enterprise Technology and works extensively with budgeting and resource identification. In this role, responsibility for the coordination and direction of project teams and ensuring that all projects are completed on time is critical. In addition, the IS Project Manager must maintain control on project scope, schedule, and budget in accordance with OET's project management standards to ensure the successful implementation of all assigned projects. The IS Project Manager will need to manager multiple stages of current project and communicate with all levels of management including "C" level positions.
Effective and informative communication both written and verbal of technical principles and project stats is critical for success. Ability to review project status updates and communicate that information with both technical, non-technical and management is required for success.
In upcoming phases of projects the PM will need to work with application and server migrations. The PM will need to "not be in the weeds" but have enough knowledge to understand and lead "Scope and Requirement" meetings and be able to read and decipher requirement documents. Successful candidates will have exception communication (both verbal and written) skills and be able to express complex technical ideas and updates.
Candidates will be able to lead technical and non-technical teams, while managing scope and client expectations. Be able to lead requirement gathering and understand how to get from "A to Z" and what is required or what might be missing. Have led projects with application and server migration.
Experience with O-365 is a plus. ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS (This is not an all-inclusive list of all job duties that may be required; employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned. List in order of importance.)
Ability of to work in in complex environment
• General Understanding of agile methodology
• Experience with Active Directory environment
• General experience with user administration of a SharePoint Site
• General understanding of cloud concepts (i.e. Microsoft Office 365)
• General experience migrating legacy systems to new systems Experience with deployment and migration of large systems
• Experience managing and working with a vendor that is providing a business solution. Client would like to see candidates that have experience with Web Development, Web Design or Leading Projects with Web Development
Ability to comprehend complex, technical subjects and translate to lay audiences.
• Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques used in managing information technology systems design projects.
• Ability to lead and manage technical teams in the delivery of projects and services toward a common vision.
• Skill in systematically gathering relevant information from different sources to address issues and make prompt and insightful decisions.
• Skill in organization and time management, with the ability to set and manage priorities autonomously.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Skill in making articulate and effective oral presentations to different levels of audiences.
Please do not submit the same candidates that were submitted REQ 1225 Please ensure the candidates resume reflects the required communication skills Client would like to see candidates that have experience with Web Development, Web Design or Leading Projects with Web Development
• HS Diploma or GED Please ensure the candidates resume reflects the required communication skills
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent.
• Excellent knowledge of various office productivity software programs such as word processing, databases, spreadsheet programs, and communications software.
• Background in PMI, COBIT, ITIL, and ISO 20000 standards. Client would like to see candidates that have experience with Web Development, Web Design or Leading Projects with Web Development
The client wants more PM experience than AD experience. Not as technical, needs the PM to have the ability to run meetings, prepare communications to stake holders and executives, wants communication to be effective but brief, the ability to work with large groups.
• Communication skills both verbal and written are a must. PM must be able to communicate with "C" level and other managers as required.
• Must have enough technical knowledge to understand complex ideas and validate requirements and communicate that information to all parties involved. Please do not submit the same candidates