LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a Project Manager to work in High Point, NC. In this position you will: Responsible for the overall success of planning and implementing complex projects that meet or exceed customer needs. This person will supervise the work of a project team, vendors, and/or subcontractors.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and utilize project plans and schedules to manage and report against customer requirement. These plans may address items such as Requirements analysis and tracking, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Project Staffing, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and lead customer meetings. Develop and present appropriate presentation materials for customer meetings as required
- Implement projects as budgeted, assess the financial impact of the project and search for opportunities to mitigate all risks and to increase margins
- Support and insure on-time delivery of all contract deliverables
- Support all established processes, ISO, Quality, etc. Ensure established sharepoints and tools are utilized in the implementation of all projects.
- Assist in the research, preparation and writing of new proposals and/or ECPs on existing projects
- Create and/or review SOWs and POs to support the procurement of products and services required for each project
- Serve as principal customer interface to report project progress and address any issues or concerns
- Interface with, collaborate and manage project team members including internal staff, vendors and subcontractors
- Assist in compiling and analyzing lessons learned to support continuous process improvement with an emphasis on improving efficiencies, lowering risks, reducing overall costs and improving customer satisfaction of future projects
- Prepare past performance documentation for each project
- Facilitate meetings with customer senior leaders on project review and sales/marketing new business opportunities
- Ensure that quarterly revenue goals are met
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Management or other related discipline and 6-8years of related experience or a combination of skills, education, and experience
- Ten (10) years’ experience managing facility modernization work or system projects of similar scope and complexity including three (3) years’ experience managing projects within the administrative and logistical constraints of USFK.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional or an equivalent certification
- Customer interface experience
- Experience managing matrix teams
- Telecommunications knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.