- You will lead 15-20 external customer implementations across multiple products included in the engagement contract are completed timely with customer happiness.
- Enthusiastically set and manage expectations regarding project scope, deliverables, timelines, status reporting, and issues & risks.
- We achieve revenue targets by accurately forecasting project targets, including go-live timing and meeting forecasted completion dates.
- We establish, socialize, manage, and maintain the project plan with all partners.
- Collaborate with various internal (Product Management / Development, and Client Experience Support) and external (client project teams) teams to ensure quality deliverables are completed.
- Accountable for issue identification and facilitation of appropriate resources necessary to resolve issues timely.
- Provide weekly status reporting to customers, management team, and internal staff.
- You will facilitate smooth transitions to Client Experience Support once all deliverables are met and the post-transition period expires.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation, and execution of internal processes and procedures to enhance and improve the implementation approach.
- Remain knowledgeable of changes in information technology, healthcare, and laboratory information systems.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with staff and customers, both verbally and in writing, including ability to effectively present information to top management, key executives, and/or boards of directors;
- Possess a collaborative style and be able to partner with Director level and above client partners;
- You should be knowledgeable of the Healthcare industry and hospital business process (Lab / Diagnostics experience a plus);
- Possess the ability to influence positive outcomes with internal and external constituents as part of driving progress on Implementation Engagements;
- Must have mature analytical skills as evidenced by the ability to solve problems, identify improvement opportunities, and create effective action plans during the performance of assigned tasks;
- Must be able to prioritize one’s own workload and that of a project team (2-6 players) and work independently and autonomously; demonstrated ability to work concurrently on multiple projects in a matrix setting;
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output; and
- You are highly skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications, including but not limited to intermediate knowledge of the following Microsoft products: Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience directly related to the job description.
- Prior experience with project management and coordination required.
- Previous experience in hospital laboratories is a plus.
- Prior experiencing managing software implementations required, preferably healthcare related.
- Experience with direct client / external facing engagements required.
- Have proven track record for partnering with key client project partners at the Director level or above.
Physical Requirements: (any specific physical attributes or limiting factors to be accounted for): Some travelrequired. Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer.
Sunquest’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Sunquest Information Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.