Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recently recognized by Glassdoor as one of the “Top 50 Best Places to Work”, we couldn’t be prouder of our employees. As a family-owned wine and spirits company with over 90 brands, the heart of our success story is our people. Our passions run deep and what unites us is an incredible culture of teamwork, innovation, and collaboration. Are you a passionate team player who is looking to grow your career? If so, apply today! Cheers! Your Talent & Gallo — A Perfect Pairing.
We are looking for a Project Manager for our Vineyard Replant! The ideal candidate will drive implementation of vineyard installations across the Premium Business Unit (PBU). Leads teams of winegrowing, viticulture, winemaking, and engineering personnel to develop detailed vineyard replant plans and initiatives in accordance with grape supply requirements. Develops vineyard constructionbudgets for approval and manages construction costs to stay within budget. Manages all facets of vineyard construction projects, including but not limited to permitting, procurement materials and contractors, scheduling, leading workgroups and quality control. Influences and advises management within function.
What Will You Do:
- Ensures the maintenance and continuous development of skills and technical expertise required by project teams to support replant activities; drives organizational alignment against and documentation of replant projects.
- Establishes clear project goals and ensures timely attainment; leads multiple projects concurrently.
- Develops capital expenditure plans to support business objectives, including budgetary estimates and preparing capital expenditure requests for approval.
- Develops detailed “scopes-of-work” for contractor bids; follows corporate capital approval and procurement processes.
- Manages external and internal engineering resources to deliver detailed design services as necessary.
- Ensures the correct interpretation of survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data.
- Supervises contractors and Gallo employees performing construction tasks, provides feedback on quality and accuracy of task completion.
- Oversees construction and installation, ensuring that installations comply with Gallo standards, meet the project objectives, and meet cost and schedule targets.
- Conducts an evaluation at the completion of projects validating if objectives were met; supports the creation of necessary operational and maintenance procedures for new installations.
- Continuously improves best practices; advises teams on the selection and deployment of appropriate tools and standards to achieve project goals.
- Prepares or reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Develops or approves recommendations to change systems, policies and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Oversees and holds accountable service contractors
- Addresses complaints and resolves issues.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree in Agricultural, Biological, Civil, or Ecological Engineering, Agricultural Systems Management, Agricultural Business Administration, Agricultural Science, or Soil Science plus 5 years of agricultural engineering, manufacturing or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR 9 years of agricultural engineering, manufacturing or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR 10 years of vineyard management including extensive installation and replant experience.
- Experience leading capital agricultural projects.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds and be physically capable of executing all essential functions to perform the job.
- Required to travel to various company owned ranches across Central and Northern California (to include extended hours, weekend and late night assignments).
- Valid driver’s license and required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Agricultural, Biological, Civil, or Ecological Engineering, Agricultural Systems Management, Agricultural Business Administration, Agricultural Science, or Soil Science plus 8years of agricultural engineering, manufacturing or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility;
- Master's degree.
- 5 years of experience leading capital agricultural projects.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (spoken and written).
- Experience with CAD.
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Access, MS PowerPoint.
- Experience leading teams and driving improvement.
- Knowledge of LeanSix Sigma principles.
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents.
- Experienceresponding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Experience effectively presenting information to top management and boards of directors.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the Company.
Requisition ID: 51241