There is an outstanding opportunity at Viewpoint in Portland, OR awaiting the right candidates. Come work for a dynamic, collaborative organization that is growing and in need of multiple motivated individuals!
The Professional Services Project Manager is responsible for managing software implementation services projects for customer accounts from inception to completion. This position serves as liaison between the company and client in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met and that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Works on single or multiple projects as assigned, focusing on the analysis of the customer's business goals, objectives and needs, and the general business environment:
- Analyzes customers' business requirements and objectives; works with implementation consultants to develop a project design to meet customers' business needs. Guides customers through implementation methodology.
- Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project; develops project plan incorporating all project variables.
- Sees that appropriate company resources are assigned to complete project tasks according to plan. Establishes criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
- Creates and monitors project plans, schedules and reports and manages all documentation pertaining to assigned projects.
- Conducts periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against plan. Performs re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout project.
2. Oversees or may directly provide other implementation services:
- Educate customers on the importance of their involvement and commitment in the implementation process including recommendations concerning setups, processing, and data flow within the customer's existing operations.
- Provide "account management" services to customers including scheduling of initial classes and ongoing remote and on-site training, tracking of progress, and involvement in issue resolution as needed.
- College degree in business, training, or technology plus a minimum of five years of project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of project management methodology and practices and experience managing project teams in a matrix environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience identifying risks as well as implementing risk mitigation plans.
- Accomplished client-management skills, relationship-building skills, requirements gathering experience, and negotiating skills.
- Must be able to successfully drive a large number of multiple projects in parallel.
- Must be able to manage a diverse group of Consultants that work remotely.
- Solid working knowledge of Google Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Project is required.
- This position occasionally requires both domestic and international travel (5%). Travel requirements may vary depending on assigned number of customer projects and project timing. The successful candidate will be willing and able to meet travel requirements. A valid driver's license and ability to qualify for a US Passport are required. Also required is the possession of a personal credit card with sufficient limits to charge travel expenses (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices (e.g. accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, purchase orders, general ledger).
- Project management experience with ERP software implementations.
- Familiarity with the construction industry.