Job SummaryValtech Project Management applies rigorous standards as well as creative problem solving to the planning, execution, and oversight of projects. Accountable for project success, project managers monitor all aspects of project execution, actively manage risk, and effectively communicate across internal teams and with our clients.
This role will be a hands-on project manager, responsible for executing strategies and ensuring organizational and client expectations are being satisfied. There will be an expectation of collaborating with the team to identify the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints. The project manager will be the client point-of-contact for project-related issues and will work with/support other members of the Valtech team to obtain and document client sign-off at key points during the project. The project manager will be responsible for ensuring that these projects meet or exceed internal team & client expectations and are delivered on-time and on-budget.
We thrive in a fast-paced environment where self-starters excel and can precisely apply learnings and provide direction. The role does not require deep technical experience; however, it does require an understanding of digital marketing, project management, digital Experience Design and Development/Implementation processes as well as constant interactions with internal technical and non-technical departments and clients. To this end, any level of experience or understanding of the process or theory of programming and/or product design are highly valued.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 3-5 years' experience managing technical projects, ideally in a consulting firm or digital agency.
- Agile methodology expertise, with recent and verifiable experience managing Agile projects
- Experience with either of the following: management of software engineering teams, product design and development processes.
- Experience working with cross-functional and globally distributed digital teams.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with a desire to grow this skill-set.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize to manage time and multiple tasks, daily.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically with the ability to problem-solve laterally.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and energizes the teams they interact with.
- Any knowledge of or experience with programming is beneficial.
- CSM or CSPO certifications are beneficial.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Agile methodology expertise, with recent and verifiable experience managing Agile projects preferred.
- Project documentation expertise
- Deep knowledge and experience with project management tools.
- Exposure to contract negotiation/review
- Expertise managing backend development projects (Java or .NET)
- Experience with Digital Marketing Platforms (i.e. Sitecore, Episerver, Magento, Hybris, etc.) required.
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to bring order to fast moving teams and initiatives.
- Desire to understand and facilitate the development of digital products and ideas.
- Desire to collaborate with cross-functional teams and empathize with culturally diverse audiences.
Essential Job Functions
- Advocating and educating others on Agile best practices
- Developing, maintaining, reviewing and/or disseminating all project documentation
- Defining, managing and controlling project scope and the change control process
- Contributing to content and presentation of deliverables
- Raising and maintaining awareness of all project issues and risks
- Estimating project costs and timelines across multiple disciplines involved with project delivery
- Assisting with efforts to support product development, proofs-of-concept, and requests from business development (RFP responses)
- Assisting with Valtech internal initiatives for the project management discipline, the Dallas office, and Valtech North America