Virtual / Travel
Industry: Information Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 268 days ago
Description Rockford Corporation is an Alaskan Native Owned General and Industrial Mechanical Contractor based in Anchorage, Alaska. We are also a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified Small Disadvantaged Business. In our over 45 year history Rockford has predominantly performed work on government fuel, tank, and utility projects. Rockford Corporation specializes in the construction and repair of steel tanks, fueling and utility systems for the military across the continental United States. It has successfully completed fuel and utility-related construction projects for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Alaska, Sacramento and Omaha Districts, Naval Facilities Engineering Command and U.S. Coast Guard.
Project manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
• Lead the planning and implementation of multiple projects.
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
• Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
• Define project tasks and resource requirements.
• Develop full scale project plans.
• Manage project budget.
• Manage project resource allocations.
• Plan and schedule project timelines.
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Provide direction and support to project team.
• Quality assurance.
• Monitor and report on progress of project to appropriate parties.
• Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
• Project evaluations and assessment of results.
• Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
Requirements Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• The applicant must be a seasoned professional with a desire to produce quality product while strengthening Owner, Architect, and Subcontractor relationships.
• Excellent planning and organizing skills.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Execute the project according to the project plan.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ensure that project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
• Skills such as CPM Scheduling, Time Management, Quality Control, Cost Control, Submittal review, Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and Subcontracts.
• Computer literacy is critical including advanced understanding of Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Projects or similar scheduling programs with the ability to learn new programs.
• Must be able to read and interpret engineering, architectural, other constructions drawings, and specifications.
• Implementation of corporate safety program and applicable safety regulations.
• Interpretation of building codes and standards.
• Implement and complete quality and inspections procedures.
• Excellent mathematical skills are required with the ability to perform quantity and material takeoffs from construction documents.
• Ability to complete project financial projections and interpret project costs is essential.
• Ability to be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrate ethical conduct, professional presentation and cultural awareness.
• 10 years of experience in Construction Management.
• Corps of Engineers experience on mechanical/fuels projects
• Experience overseeing multiple, diverse projects.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Thorough knowledge of construction materials and practices.
• Extensive knowledge of OSHA construction regulations.
• Degree in Civil Engineering Strongly Desired.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to read text on a computer screen and in hard copy, stand or sit, talk, and hear.
• The employee is frequently required to enter information into computers via a keyboard or other peripheral device.
• Exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated and moderately paced environment.
• Continuously required to sit, hear and/or respond to verbal/audio cues, perform repetitive motions of hands and wrists, and read computer screen.
• Occasionally required to stand or walk.
• Rarely required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, bend, or reach with hands and arms.
• Rarely required to push, pull and/or carry objects up to 10 pounds.