Project Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
• Read and accurately interpret project plans and specifications for the proper execution of work as defined in project documents.
• Lead the planning and implementation of multiple projects.
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
• Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
• Define project tasks and resource requirements.
• Develop full scale project plans.
• Manage project budget.
• Manage project resource allocations.
• Plan and schedule project timelines.
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Provide direction and support to project team.
• Quality assurance.
• Monitor and report on progress of project to appropriate parties.
• Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
• Project evaluations and assessment of results.
• Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• The applicant must be a seasoned professional with a desire to produce quality product while strengthening Owner, Architect, and Subcontractor relationships.
• Excellent planning and organizing skills.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Execute the project according to the project plan.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ensure that project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
• Skills such as CPM Scheduling, Time Management, Quality Control, Cost Control, and Submittal review, Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and Subcontracts.
• Computer literacy is critical including advanced understanding of Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Projects or similar scheduling programs with the ability to learn new programs.
• Must be able to read and interpret engineering, architectural, other constructions drawings, and specifications.
• Implementation of corporate safety program and applicable safety regulations.
• Interpretation of building codes and standards.
• Implement and complete quality and inspections procedures.
• Excellent mathematical skills are required with the ability to perform quantity and material takeoffs from construction documents.
• Ability to complete project financial projections and interpret project costs is essential.
• Ability to be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrate ethical conduct, professional presentation and cultural awareness.
Requirements Required Experience:
• 5 years of experience in Construction Management.
• Experience with Raken Daily Field Reporting Software
• Proficiency with Submittal Exchange Project Management Software
• Proficiency within Timberline Estimating and Timberline Purchasing
• Experience overseeing multiple, diverse projects.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Thorough knowledge of construction materials and practices.
• Extensive knowledge of OSHA construction regulations.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Projects Scheduling Software
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to read text on a computer screen and in hard copy, stand or sit, talk, and hear.
• The employee is frequently required to enter information into computers via a keyboard or other peripheral device.
• Exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated and moderately paced environment.
• Continuously required to sit, hear and/or respond to verbal/audio cues, perform repetitive motions of hands and wrists, and read computer screen.
• Occasionally required to stand or walk.
• Rarely required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, bend, or reach with hands and arms.
• Rarely required to push, pull and/or carry objects up to 10 pounds.
• The work environment is that of a typical office setting.
• In a large building in an urban setting.
• May occasionally be on a construction site.
• May occasionally travel to rural areas