The Project Manager processes shop repair projects from inquiry phase through invoicing. Develops quotations, creates production work scopes, processes & coordinates material ordering and subcontract requirements for Elliott and non-Elliott equipment. The nature of this position is a continuous process of developing a systematic way of planning, implementing, managing, and analyzing repair orders. The scope, level, and salary for the position will be commensurate with experience.
Communication with customers, both internal & external, is paramount. Selling of shop services is a daily function of this position.
Travel is expected to be minimal, to customer sites or Jeannette, PA headquarters for training or meetings.
- Obtain required data to properly prepare repair quotations, including required scope, cost, pricing, lead-times, available resources, etc.
- Ensure that once quotation becomes an order, job is implemented properly. This includes placing correct parts orders, writing accurate and detailed work scopes, and making sure all other required resources are available throughout the job duration.
- Help to promote future business opportunities through customer satisfaction with all phases of their experience with Elliott.
- Properly analyze inspectionreports in order that correct actions are taken. This should lead to orders that enable us to reach established profit goals and create customer satisfaction.
- Maintain communications on all orders, including formal written communications, schedule and direct customer meetings, hold review meetings with shop personnel with regards to order status, and maintain communication with sales and management.
- Project management and engineering. Depending on experience, projects range from simple, single-stage industrial type equipment to more complex multi-stage engineered apparatus.
- Order maintenance, including acknowledgment letters, accounting interface, maintaining job folders, closing out jobs, preparing information for invoicing and filing.
- Process and issue final reports to customers.?
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in turbomachinery repair techniques and processes required; experience in a repair shop environment preferred.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and skills.
- As this position is a mixture of both technical and commercial functions, a broad background is valuable.
- Experience in customer relations and sales.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong computer skills with the ability to multi-task in several databases.
- Organization and time management skills are essential.
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle difficult situations and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to get along with others. There is a lot of interaction with customers of varying backgrounds and also Elliott employees within many different departments. The ability to develop and grow these relationships can greatly improve the effectiveness of the person in this position.
- A willingness to learn and to teach others.