About Trexin Consulting
Founded on the principles of trust, experience, and innovation, Trexin Consulting specializes in strategy execution – the effective implementation of business strategy to achieve a specific business goal. Also referred to as applied strategy, strategy execution situations that Trexin frequently leads include: scaling capabilities for growth, optimizing operations for cost reduction, driving synergies for M&A and recovering projects in distress. Trexin's services are right-sized for our Clients' needs, ranging from our "Diamond Team" service when our Clients want Trexin to own an outcome and share delivery risk, to Expert / Advisory services for senior-level guidance, to Strategic Staffing services for execution-oriented tasks and roles. Our expertise spans Healthcare, Life Sciences, Financial Services, and Products & Distribution, overlaid by multidisciplinary skills in the five capabilities essential to executing strategy: Aligned Enterprise, Program Execution, Technology, Innovation and Analytics.
Trexin is currently seeking a Consultant to work as a Solutions Architect to join our team in Chicago IL for our healthcare client.
A Solution Architect will lead key activities in bridging business needs to technology solution definition for the business. In executing this role, the Business Solution Architect is responsible for the following deliverables:
· Business strategy & model decomposition (e.g., strategic needs, defined objectives, key measures)
· Business capability definition, modeling, assessment (e.g., value vs. maturity) & business capability roadmap.
· Business process definition, documentation & alignment across the broader business process environment (e.g., links, handoffs)
· Alignment of program & project business value with Business Capability goals and strategies for all projects – People, Process, Technology, and Data. (e.g., current vs. future costs, business strategy realization, return on investment)
· Ownership of multiple solutions through full lifecycles (idea, execution, maintain), assessing the business value and performance of solutions against capability needs.
· Deep understanding of business strategies and execution model within a Business Capability domain and across related domains, documenting key business directional strategies, objectives, and measurements (i.e., what does the business want to achieve, by when, and what measures are defined to assess success or opportunities).
· Partners with the business to influence the definition business capabilities and is responsible for ongoing maintenance to the definition. Partners with business leadership, process, and project team members to define business capability needs, assessment (maturity and value) and align roadmap capability needs across business lines (with timelines to support anticipated business capability needs & strategies).
· Partner with business leadership to lead on program and project business value assessments as part of project ideation, initiation, and assessment (aligned to EPMO processes).
· Influence the definition and design to the business in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling solutions based on business capability needs.
· Assess near-term needs, to establish business priorities; consult with Enterprise Architects & Technical Architects to develop alternative solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business capabilities, processes and priorities.
· Partner with Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects to contribute to the completion of project architecture documentation.
· Partner with Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects to complete Solution Selection analyses to ensure business capability needs are appropriately met.
· Act as a business capability, process and solution consultant to readily assess and recommend improvements to processes, organizational / role alignment (people), and technologies to improve business capability maturity, performance, and value.
· Partner with Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects to ensure business capability and process strategies and goals are aligned to technical roadmaps (e.g., technical roadmaps are aligned to properly support business capability improvements as programs and projects are executed).
· Participate in enterprise architecture development & strategic alignment, including business architecture, technology architecture, information architecture, and feedback supporting technical architecture (platforms, applications); contributes to technical & program / project roadmaps.
· 10+ years of IT or related experience with B.A. or B.S.; 8+ years of IT experience with M.A. or M.S.
· 3+ years supporting complex client business capability needs, requirements assessment and solutions development
· 3+ years business capability definition & business process modeling
· 2+ years leading strategic planning processes
· 2+ years of business and/or technical consulting experience or equivalent
· 2+ years of experience and strong knowledge of Enterprise-class architecture concepts, definition, and creation
· 5+ years of experience with SaaS and Paas architecture design and technical implementation of said architecture
· 5+ years of experience with information technology commercial product management, from market assessment through product implementation and support
· 3+ years of experience defining information architectures that align to business architectures and capabilities
· 3+ years of indirect/adjacent experience with SDLC methodologies used to design and develop software
Trexin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Trexin is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trexin are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate against race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Trexin Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Trexin Consulting vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Trexin Consulting Recruiting Team and such candidate was submitted to the Trexin Consulting Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.