Position: We currently have an opportunity for an Environmental Scientist/Environmental Engineer/Project Manager to join our growing Engineering, Construction, and Remediation Practice in our Ann Arbor or Grand Rapids, Michigan offices. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual looking for career growth and have 10-15 years of environmental due diligence and/or environmental compliance consulting experience. TRC's Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids offices are vibrant, dynamic, solution-driven, and fast-paced work environments that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in offices that thrives on team-work.
Our Environmental Scientists/Environmental Engineer/Project Managers:
- Demonstrate excellence and efficiency in writing, communication, and professional judgment.
- Participate in a variety of environmental-focused project work in the due diligence and compliance fields across a variety of industries.
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget for assigned projects.
- Interface with clients and work with client service manages and account leads in securing and growing new and flow business.
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and work ethic.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Demonstrate strong quality assurance/quality control skills to perform technical, style, and consistency reviews.
- Manage time effectively and balance multiple fast-paced project assignments.
- Understand standards, regulations, and guidance that apply to environmental due diligence and compliance projects.
- Prioritize safety and have working knowledge of industry health and safety practices.
Requirements and Necessary Skills: In addition to experience and skills in the areas listed above, the successful candidate shall possess the following attributes:
- B.S. or B.A. in environmental science or engineering.
- Minimum 10 yearsof environmental due diligence and environmental compliance consulting experience. 15+ years preferred.
- The preferred candidate will possess excellent communication and writing skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deadlines for multiple clients and project managers.
- Candidate is expected to possess solid technical and problem-solving skills.
- Technical proficiency in preparation and management of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs).
- Technical proficiency in preparing and managing storm and waste water permitting (NPDES, etc.).
- Technical proficiency related to the Clean Water Act including the development of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans, and Pollution Incident Prevention Plans (PIPPs).
- Technical proficiency related to Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) including Tier II and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reporting.
- Technical proficiency related to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regarding hazardous and non-hazardous wastes, including the development of Integrated Contingency Plans (ICPs).
- Fluency with Microsoft Office software.
- Health & Safety compliance assistance (plan development, etc.) experience a plus.
- Environmental and/or Health & Safety compliance auditing experience a plus.
- Air permitting and compliance reporting a plus.
- Professional engineer certification a plus.