Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Project Manager for projects in the DFW area and throughout Texas. We combine more than 75 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Provide leadership throughout a project to ensure timely and quality results
- Lead project estimate review, start-up, monthly interim, and close out meetings
- Facilitate collaborative team processes among project participants including architects, owners, and subcontractors
- Review project plans for constructability and cost feasibility; assist with project risk assessments and prepare scope of work matrices
- Analyze and manage project progress, costs, budgets, and cash flows
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering and 6 – 8 years of related experience running commercial, healthcare, or K-12 construction projects with contract values greater than $5 million, under a Senior Project Manager on $40+ million projects, or equivalent combination of education and project management experience
- Proficiency with scheduling, spreadsheets (Excel, Word), cost control, and project management software. Prolog, Microsoft Project, P6, and other construction programs preferred
- Solid understanding of value engineering, life cycle costing, and project profit/cost processes
- Ability to travel to project work sites, first project is in El Paso, TX.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Experience in driving accountability for financial and operational effectiveness, integrating and aligning efforts within teams, monitoring results, and tackling problems directly
- Ability to work within a complex business as an active participant in driving growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in driving operations and executing plans
- Developed written, oral, and listening skills in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus