LJA is an employee owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation, and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 35 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned.
We currently have an opening on the Transportation team as a Project Manager.
The candidate will manage a variety of people, projects, and engineering tasks using programs and procedures common to consulting engineering to City, County, and/or TxDOT standards and criteria. This position would be in the Spring and/or Conroe offices.
- Responsible for design calculations, plan preparation, and direction of schematic designs for TxDOT and local government projects
- Manage and maintain project schedules and financial requirements
- Uses advanced techniques, theory, precepts and practices in a specialized engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Project Manager will interact with Client and other consultants and must have good communication skills.
- Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Civil Engineering is required
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
- 6-10 years of experience with Microstation, Geopak (or Open Roads) and TxDOT procedures a must
- Local Montgomery County/City of Conroe experience is a plus
- Experience with Civil 3D is a plus
- Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on short notice and/or on a daily basis as changes occur in project needs
- Proven experience in handling project management responsibilities including multiple deadlines
- Strong communication skills to interact with clients and internal employees
- Ability to build strong relationships