- Identifies and pursues projects and develops relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Develops project approach, schedule and budget; negotiates scope and fee and any contract amendments with client.
- Assists clients with identifying and applying for funding and obtaining necessary permits at the local, state and federal levels.
- Develops and implements design criteria and project work plan (PWP). Performs engineering design work as needed.
- Leads the project team and coordinates/manages tasks with other engineers, designers and construction staff.
- Conducts project team coordination meetings and serves as the point of contact for the client on all project related matters; insures QA/AC processes are implemented.
- Accountable for project performance and project deliverables; manages scope creep and takes corrective action as needed.
- B.S Degree in Civil Engineering and Wisconsin PE are required.
- 10+ years of experience as a transportation design engineer with at least five (5) years of experience successfully managing projects.
- Experience with project management functions including project scoping, schedule and budget development and QA/QC are required.
- Solid understanding of the WISDOT FDM Manual and experience designing roadway improvements for municipal/county clients.
- Experience with WISDOT and DNR processes including submittals, permitting and environmental requirements.
- Rural and urban drainage design experience is desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with clients and participate in public meetings.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work as part of a team across multiple offices. Ability to mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
- Experience with Civil 3D is required.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to client and project sites is required.
Valid through: 11/16/2020