Wishing you could have an ownership stake in the company you are working for? Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is an award-winning engineering, architectural, construction environmental and consulting services firm. We are a 100% employee-owned, with regional and project offices nationwide.
Burns & McDonnell has an exciting opportunity in our Transmission and Distribution Group for a Project Manager. The Project Manager will work within the BMcD Transmission & Distribution Global Practice handling a project load within the region in a dynamic and profitable manner based upon Burns & McDonnell's core values of client satisfaction, commitment, dedication, integrity, safety and overall outstanding service. The Project Manager's responsibilities may include:
- Direct and coordinate activities of several disciplines on a project of moderate scope or a combination of smaller projects.
- Direct coordination with clients
- Assist in direction of planning, budgeting and establishing critical project objectives.
- Work within the regional office to identify opportunities and manage team efforts for submittals, proposals, presentations, contract negotiation, and related activities
- Ensure profitable and sound growth. Achieve stated targets and standards for project financial performance
- Adhere to Burns & McDonnell's Quality Control Program and maintain Burns & McDonnell's Safety Program.
- Participate in go/no-go evaluations, ensure establishment of project work plans and review fee estimates
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Serve as the technical advisor; provides senior-level input and evaluation on transmission and distribution projects (i.e., renewable energy, energy storage, transmission & distribution, including gas)
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates for this position must have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum. Minimum of ten years of high voltage transmission line or substation project experience with at least 5 years related project management experience. Must have detailed knowledge in either substations, networks, or transmission lines. Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contacts on project-related matters. Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but not mandatory. Ability to travel. Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy. EEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans