Project Manager - Traffic Engineering
Department:VA-Virginia BeachLocation:Virginia Beach, VA
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Virginia Beach, VA team is looking for a Project Manager specializing in Traffic Engineering to join our Transportation team.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
• Develop proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work
• Manage traffic engineering task orders
• Apply understanding of traffic signal operations, design, and systems
• Lead the development of design plans for traffic control devices, guardrail, and/or ITS devices
• Complete traffic safety and operational improvement studies for localized intersections and corridors
• Address community and residential roadway traffic engineering issues
• Lead tasks involving simulation and signal optimization plans to maximize transportation system throughput (using SYNCHRO, CORSIM, VISSIM or related software)
• Lead supporting analyses as part of interchange justification, functional design and access management reports
• Support policy and design guidance documents for traffic equipment, guardrail, technology, and traffic control devices
• Support business development efforts in the traffic engineering arena
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage time well with multiple ongoing activities and work independently
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
• Motivated to lead and mentor others
• Experience in Traffic Engineering and project management
• 7-11 years of experience with Professional Traffic Engineering
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
• Registered as a PE in the Commonwealth of VA desirable
• Certification as a PTOE desirable
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 36 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.