Responsible for leading and overseeing the effective application of Project Management Office (PMO) processes in the execution and delivery of complex global projects and programs. Works with varying levels of leadership across Information Technology and security at, member firms, global and from staff through Partner, Principal, Director level. Oversees project portfolios. Owns the implementation and improvement of all applicable PMO and related security and IT processes, methodologies, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Takes full accountability for the proper and consistent execution of all projects. Serves in an advisory and consultative role to teams and stakeholders on all project-related activities. Directs, manages, develops, coaches, counsels and mentors manager and senior manager personnel in the PMO organization.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads cross-functional teams in the delivery of complex global projects, directly affecting the firm's cyber strategy to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget. Builds and maintains relationships with partner/principals and firm director level through employee level, including CIO/IT and customer leaders, channel leads, product owners, shared resource leaders, technical team leads, technical and non-technical teams.
- Influences and executes project management methodologies and standards including those within the Project Delivery Process and SDLC, PMI PMBOK, and PMO procedures, also ensures they are followed by project team members. Develops, manages, and maintains accurate project plans and schedules. Performs estimation, forecasting, planning, analysis, issue/risk/change management, escalation management, meeting facilitation, variance analysis, and status reporting.
- Drives, identifies and oversees issue/risk management, remediation and mitigation plans, and escalations across channels, service areas, and projects. Collaborates with stakeholders to negotiate solutions, provides management direction, generates solution alternatives and implements actionable plans.
- Experience capturing and applying lessons learned that can support delivering a new capability from the build to run phase.
- May lead executive-level steering committees. Produces and delivers communications to the executive level. Provides expertise on assuring quality of project deliverables, summarizes results, and produces management and status reports.
- Directs and develops personnel in the PMO organization and manages organizational budget.
- Highly desirable to have experience at Deloitte, or similar organization. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Technical Skills
Intermediate proficiency with Project Management systems, Microsoft Office Other technical skills may be required, depending on the Acceleration Program Workstream.
Security, cyber project experience desired.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
Project Management Professional certification
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree; 10+ years of experience managing large cross functional IT projects; Advanced level of experience overseeing activities of project managers and project teams, ensuring compliance with processes, plans/schedules and budgets, influencing decisions on resource utilization and allocation; seeking and capitalizing on opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness; Advanced interpersonal, communication relationship building, and customer service orientation (including at the C-level) skills. May require experience in working with onshore/offshore teams and proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams in an environment of competing interests and limited resources.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.