Project Manager, Technical Services - Planned Work
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
JOB SUMMARY: Organize and establish effective Project management; develop scope of work per project; develop the budget and schedule for the Project; develop and route Capital Funding Requests (EAR)’s; coordinate and manage design and specification decisions and construction documentation production; initiate and manage the Request for Bids (RFP)’s; develop and route contracts; avoid claims and disputes; effectively manage changes in the Project; eliminate interface disruptions between Project participants; maintain and where possible improve the Project schedule and budget; ensure quality design and construction work while properly managing the construction work in the field; emphasize ‘hands on’ management of field operations; maintain operational use of completed facilities during construction; implement efficient and timely document control.
- Perform oversight of the vendor contracts. This includes but not limited to evaluation of technical performance and adherence to the contract requirements, which includes all aspects of the project. It also includes management of the submittal, request for information, modification documents, the directive process, and the change order process.
- Preparation of construction documents. These documents include but, not limited to: Construction Drawings; Construction Specifications; Scopes of Work; and General Conditions. Oversee and coordinate creative and technical design development process. Ensure that Technical Services Goals and technical approach to the project match with the budget and schedule.
- Completes bidding & awarding the construction documents. This includes but, not limited to: development of a bidders list, a project schedule, and the preparation of a Request for Bid (RFP) The RFP includes instructions for the bid, bid response forms, Construction Agreement, Scope of Work, Construction Drawings, Wage and Equipment Rate Schedules, Schedule of Unit Pricing, Payment and Performance Bonds, General Requirements, Environmental Health and Safety requirements, Specifications, the Request for Information (RFI) process for questions and answers, and Addendums. This also includes the development, routing, and oversight of the contract.
- Preparation of Capital Funding Requests (EAR)’s. The EAR will include the project justification and a project budget.
- Monitors change or delays to constructionschedule. This includes but not limited to evaluation of the contractor’s schedule performance and schedule coordination with other groups and departments. Weekly look ahead and updates are reviewed and recovery plans are developed if schedule variances evolve.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Business Management is preferred
EXPERIENCE: Seven to ten years of experience working in a design/engineering firm dealing both with theme park design and construction management; also experience dealing with large scale construction projects along or with experience in working various positions with a general contractor dealing with estimating, budgeting, bidding, field experience dealing with all aspects of projects required; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.