Serves on a Full Time basis, as both a Project Manager and Regional Technical Representative supporting the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) Program through the Washington Office based in Renton, WA. The Washington Region is Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado.
Approximately 50% of the time provides direction and management to a team of Field Project Managers, Engineers, Construction Managers, Drafters, Service Contract Act (SCA) field personnel for all work efforts in the region. The successful candidate is responsible for the business, technical, and administrative management of all activity in the region. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. Should be familiar with the integration of engineering, procurement, and construction activities. The successful candidate must be able to manage a program up to $50 million in total value.
Approximately 50% of the time establishes project schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements for individual projects. Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support quality control and final project deliverables. Helps Resource Manager to determine number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks. Anticipates project staffing needs, identifies and interviews available personnel, and recommends staffing assignments in accordance with schedule requirements. Maintains daily contact with field personnel during all field activities.
Establishes a project safety plan and ensures that it is communicated to all employees on the job site. Actively promotes and supports safety policies and monitors the job site for good safety practices. Establishes site security measures and monitors site access by subcontractors and others. Chairs weekly job meetings; prepares and maintains summary of project progress and pending issues, elevating issues to the National Program Manager when warranted. Submits monthly reports to client, and responds to client issues and expectations to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors. Reviews bid requirements and assists with bidder solicitation activities. Documents and executes changes in scope of project.
Anticipates problems and works with client, architects/engineers, subcontractors, field personnel to identify and implement corrective actions. Keeps client informed of the day-to-day activities of the project. Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution. Supports Field Project Managers in negotiating proposed changes to the scope of work of individual projects with the client and key subcontractors. Markets services within the scope of the contract to increase task order backlog.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Oversees the implementation and execution of all project processes and procedures in accordance with the approved Program Management Plan. This includes but is not limited to Risk Management Plans and Quality Control Plans to maintain a high degree of quality in line with Parsons' ISO 9001 certification.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project or subtask. Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths. Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates. Field responsibilities may include labor relations, local procurement and payroll operations, etc., if required.
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers. Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements.
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes. Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience and Requirements:
Candidate will have 15+ years of professional experience and a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or related field. A broad general engineering background and project/program management experience on similar project types is required. Professional Engineer registration or Project Manager Certification is required at this level. Graduate level business management education is desirable.
Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by federal authorities will be performed