Project Manager - Technical Lead
11 - 15 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Project Manager - Technical Lead ?for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Project Manager - Technical Lead
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The Project Manager – Technical Lead shall possess demonstrated experience with enterprise level vendor product solutions for capital planning, budget development, funds management, and project management.
- He/she needs to be able to understand complex technical scenarios and requirements and to effectively manage and overcome obstacles to progress and/or suggest alternative strategies and directions.
- He/she will ensure proper project management, create and maintain project plans, ensure that users and project team member roles and responsibilities are defined and documented, communicate project status (in terms of scope, budget, resources and schedule), promote use of PMI best practices and ensure the delivery of a product and/or solution that meets user/customer requirements.
- He/She will also be accountable for delivering project(s) on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Perform with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Facilitate and lead the definition of the project scope, project management/SDLC approach, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements.
- Establish a communication strategy in partnership with the business, IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop and maintain project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project related artifacts.
- Effectively negotiate project resource needs and competing priorities with IT and PMO resource managers.
- Create and execute strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Manage, assess, and negotiate project scope changes.
- Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines. Apply appropriate levels of tailoring to meet project-specific needs, while still operating within the standard project management framework.
- Efficiently identify and resolve project issues.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members.
- Escalate issues that require executive, management or business attention.
- Manage vendor performance and drive deliverables to meet agreed upon target dates and levels of quality.
- Ensure business engagement throughout the project, project decision making, managing scope/budget changes, business requirements elicitation and prioritization, acceptance testing, training, etc.
- Knowledge and application of industry standard project management principles and methodologies delivered using various systems development life cycles.
- Strong familiarity with project management software and MS Office.
- Strong vendor management experience.
- Experience with organizational change management.
- Ability to define, manage, and exceed business customer expectations.
- Ability to work with the business in the creation of consistent standards and procedures and producing RACI’s that will supplement the process.
- Can operate at the macro level, driving large teams with multiple stakeholders but also has the ability to individually contribute to work products when required.
- Ability to build consensus amongst project team members and key stakeholders.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with various project stakeholders including, IT leadership, business customers across divisions, team members, and other IT colleagues.
- This includes strong negotiation skills and having the ability with support of a Senior Level Business Analyst (BA) from MassDOT and the vendor to lead to an answer/process that is common across divisions as well as outlining any specifics by division.
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at any one time, while maintaining high quality standards.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity.
- Demonstrated track record of success at delivering IT projects on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- PMP and CSM Certification helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendor contracts and system implementations that involve many data source types, including system interfaces, MS Excel spreadsheets, and other disparate data sources.
- Knowledge of and prior experience with state and federal financial systems, i.e. MMARS and FMIS, TRAMS is a plus.
- This also includes financial planning systems that involve production and tracking of reports.
- Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies from Waterfall to Agile/Scrum.