At Synchronoss We Transform & Digitize Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT) Companies.
We know the TMT space. Our platforms, products, people, and partners help Telecommunications, Media, and Technology companies shift their digital business into high gear. We are helping companies create digital customer journeys that reduce cost, improve consumer satisfaction, and create new revenue.
The Project Manager will coordinate and manage various aspects/activities of software development and hardware infrastructure projects within the Service Delivery organisation. This role is client facing, delivering customised solutions to operators in the US. Must have experience managing remote teams, and must display a style of work that is high energy, proactive and solution focused.
How you will help:
The candidate will have overall responsibility for obtaining all project-related commitments and engaging the necessary technical resources. The candidate will be required to meet all the standard milestones and deliverables associated with the project, including but may not be limited to: detail project plans, schedules and milestones, status reports, jeopardy notifications, change control and financialreports. The PM will interact with the PMO, Sales, Senior management, internal departments as well as the client.
This is a project management position first and a technical leadership position second, the candidate will understand concepts of operational hardware and data center management as well as software problems pertaining to complex networks within a medium or large project context.
- Manages project team(s) and structures project communications
- Conducts project kickoffs and conducts meetings
- Tracks and communicates project progress
- Measures and evaluates project performance
- Plans and engages project resources
- Controls all project activities for scheduling, estimating, forecasting, budgeting, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting costs
- Manages change and cost control challenges
- Overall accountability for issue identification, assignment, tracking, resolution, and closure processes
- Development of management briefings, reports, and presentations with senior management.
- Overall accountability for project quality and assessment of customer satisfaction
- Manages customer expectations & has overall responsibility for the implementation of a change management process to capture, evaluate, document, approve, implement, and communicate all project changes.
- Develops high-level risk assessment and risk mitigation strategy, which includes implementation, maintenance, and documentation of a project risk register, as well as resolution procedures and verbose communication of risk
- May negotiate with vendors and obtaining best cost evaluations
- Tracking upcoming transaction volume driving events for the service e.g. marketing campaigns
- High level capacity management for these events and natural growth.
- Travel within the US and abroad could be required
Who we have in mind:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- 5 or more years of IT experience with a development or system administration background
- 3+ years in Project management, able to manage/lead medium and large project teams
- Excellent skills in collaborative and participatory teamwork across global geo-regions
- Excellent communication including strong written, verbal & presentation skills are critical for this position. The candidate must have excellent verbal agility and be capable of engaging at all levels
- Solid understanding of global, geo-diverse, telco-grade data center and hosting environments.
- Expert knowledge of Operational supportprocesses, reporting, and related capacity and performance monitoring tools
- Financial management including budget management, budget vs. actual reconciliation
- Obsessively analytical thinker that is proactive and self-initiated in approach
It would be great if you had:
- Professional qualifications, e.g. PMP, PRINCE2 or ITIL are a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Flex Time PTO
- Matching 401K