- Oversee projects from initiation through product launch, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget with utilization of technology to track timelines and milestones.
- Interface with medical professionals with respect to design and development project schedules of devices.
- Produce meaningful documentation and status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas, ensuring appropriate design controls and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Conduct project post mortems and track recommendations and best practices in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Project Management duties for medical device development relevant to spine surgical procedures and in accordance to ISO and FDA regulations.
- Drive and support Special Projects as needed and support on-going integration efforts to help drive value creation, and maintain a strong understanding of the healthcare landscape, as it relates to government reform, the regulatory and reimbursement environment, major competitors, and other key stakeholders.
- Interface with medical professionals and internal stakeholders on design and development of project schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of related experience with software (embedded systems) project management
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional project teams
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and a strong ability to write business reports and correspondence as well as the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management of organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills including interaction with Key Opinion Leaders and senior leadership
- Clear and persuasive communication, negotiation, and presentation skills and experience working in a multi-functional group and successfully navigating through levels of internal partners to complete a task.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, and professional journals, including ability to write comprehensive and persuasive reports as well as engaging business correspondence.
- Hands-on experience with SAP
- Direct experience with all aspects of product development: market requirement definition, design, analysis, testing, regulatory submissions, evaluation and launch
- Experience with capital equipment product development