The SCM Project Manager with Diebold Nixdorf is a project based position focused on continuous improvement of SCM. Reporting directly to Senior Manager of Supply Chain Management of the Americas this position will help drive efficient and effective supply chain operations across Sales and Operations Planning, New Product Introduction, Logistics and ERP configuration teams. The Manager will work collaboratively with operational subject matter experts to identify opportunities for improvement, to develop the improvement project, lead the project teams to deliver measurable results in the way we operate. He/she will drive process consistency across the organization. The Manager will have experience in leading projects, experience with process and data analytics, knowledge of Supply Chain technology and a passion for collaboration with team members, SME’s, and stakeholders.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
While leading, tracking, and supporting process documentation, metrics and continuous improvement projects for the Supply Chain Management group, you will be responsible for using Lean and Six Sigma tools to drive business improvements, customer satisfaction, and employing Lean Sigma methodology to dramatically improve performance on critical business measures. You will measure and chart KPI’s for visible updates for stakeholders. Through analysis and exercises, you will have the responsibility to create standardized work instructions and roll-out a Best Practices plan regionally in the Americas. Interacting with the various teams and departments, you will evaluate available technology, tools, and abilities, locating and driving implementation of those that will best meet Diebold Nixdorf’s demands.
• Analyze and identify current state inefficiencies / Muda and identify improvement opportunities to cut cost, improve velocity, and implement best practices within the SCM function.
• Work with engineers, IT, operational leaders, and project managers on various supply related projects
• Interface with third party providers
• Utilize SMART business principles on continuous improvement projects
• Mentor and coach group associates in the planning, designing, and implementation of key projects.
• Facilitate continuous improvement sessions, value stream mapping sessions and activities to achieve project objectives. Facilitate and organize Kaizen events.
• Engage and support Best Practices with management to ensure critical deployment dates are met
• Coach business team members in the practical application of Lean and Six Sigma tools
• Identify opportunities to address for sustained productivity gains and customer impact which drive each solution to completion
• Effectively work with teams that involve cross-functional members
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or similar field
• 3-5 years’ experience in a process improvement function
• 3-5 years’ experience in the Supply Chain, Planning, Logistics field
• Training and certification through a Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma accredited organization
• Familiar with a variety of SCM, SIOP, NPI field concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Additional leadership experience in the areas of operations, manufacturing and quality is preferred
• Lean, Six Sigma, and Project Management certifications are a plus
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills at all levels of the organization
• Experience building, empowering, and leading cross functional teams
• Must have the ability to build and promote organizational change management initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Candidate must be responsive and willing to take ownership of issues and drive solutions
• Team player able to work closely with a global team and open to sharing information and best practices with the team.