STV Incorporated, B & F Division, has an opening in our Virginia Beach, VA office for a Project Manager to manage multi-discipline Architectural & Engineering design projects. Our clients include private industry; federal, state, and local government; transportation authorities; and higher education. Projects have varying degrees of complexity and a wide range of estimated construction costs and include industrial/manufacturing, research/laboratory, federal facilities, corporate offices, transportation-related structures, and student housing and other higher education projects.
- Help secure multiple projects and manage their operation.
- Develop and enhance client relationships, serve as the primary company contact, and deliver quality projects on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Manage all project aspects; scope development, qualifications and proposals, presentations, contract negotiations, design scope, budget, scheduling, staff management and coordinating work efforts, cost estimating, bidding support, construction administration, cost control, project communications and documentation, and cash management.
- Administer relevant aspects of a formal quality program.
- Achieve or exceed each project’s estimated profit margin.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in engineering / architectural & PE / RA license – PMP Certification is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on diverse local & national projects and willingness to learn.
- Ability to perform project managementresponsibilities, working independently and in coordination with other team members and Project Managers.
- Adaptability, resourcefulness, and ability to apply knowledge to varying business situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple clients at varying stages of design/construction completion.
- Minimum ten or more years of experience in managing industrial, government, transportation, and/or educational facilities design projects.
- Projects using specifications packages such as Masterspec, Spectext and SpecsIntact.
- Obtaining approvals and permits in compliance with local codes, ordinances, and land development regulations.
- Working under pressure to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task.
- Projects developed using BIM.
- Contract preparation and coordinating with legal review.
- Alternative delivery experience (e.g., design-build).
- Working with and managing sensitive or confidential documents and information.