What You Will Do:
The Project Manager is responsible for evaluating, planning and implementing strategic projects that allow Advocate to meet its defined core strategies. The position requires skills in consulting, project management, facilitation, process design, and data analytics. With stakeholder management and executive presence, the Project Manager works to resolve any conflicts that arise during the project lifecycle. Additional responsibilities include preparation of materials with Project Sponsor and Process Owner to present to the Advocate Portfolio Governance Board (i.e.an accurate Problem Statement and aligned metrics). The Project Manager also partners with key leadership and stakeholders to identify and achieve priorities, goals and objectives. The Project Manager stewards relationships with all levels of leadership and works through resolution of any challenges that arise during the engagement. Another key area for the Project Manager is educating and coaching other leaders/associates as well as new team members on the PMO process and delivery. The Project Manager is a liaison with system and site leadership teams.
- Planning and Implementing ~ Manages, plans, and executes System and Site Projects utilizing Advocate's Project Management methdology.
- Tracking and Reporting ~ Responsible for creating and delivering customized project plans, project charters, presentations and updates and ensuring timely and effective deployment of implementation plans and measurable returns.
- Communicating and Training ~ Ensure effective communication with key leaders and stakeholders while enhancing overall development of leadership and associates.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years project and/or program management
- Consulting experiencepreferred (formal/informal).
- Demonstrated self~direction (minimal supervision required) and results oriented.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated success leading teams.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong decision making abilities.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, graphic presentation software, SharePoint, and project management software.
- Political sensitivity to the dynamic interplay that occurs between system and sites
- Project managementexperience.
- Demonstrate ability to thrive in a changing environment and flexibility.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Customer service oriented.
- Desire to learn and be challenged.
- Demonstrates positive attitude when faced with challenges.
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP, CAPM, PgMP, PgMP), Lean or Six Sigma certification preferredTravel to multiple Advocate sites is required
- Exposure to office and hospital environments and hazards
- May be standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Work hours may be flexible to meet the needs of the program
- Collaboration (Teamwork/communication), Decision~Making and Problem~Solving (Analytical Skills), System Thinking (end~to~end, Strategic Thinking), Business Case (Value, ROI, People Aspect, Balanced metrics (Safety, Cost, Time, Service), Execution (Implementation, Get It Done), Flexibility (Adaptability, Change Management), Managing Ambiguity (Dealing with unknowns, Decision~making with unknowns), Leading by example (Demonstrating BOEs), Develop Capability (Coaching, Mentoring), Technical skills (Process Improvement, Project Management).
Job ID: 92143