- Manage the development, planning and execution of design-related projects for product, quality and cost improvements. Create project plans, charters, schedules and other project-specific documentation. Assess project feasibility, cost estimates and business impacts and risks.
- Engage the appropriate technical resources and departmental leaders to identify deliverables, resource requirements, milestones, timelines, risks and mitigation plans.
- Own and execute technical deliverables within the project, as required.
- Lead/coordinate project activities with Regulatory Affairs, Sterility Assurance, Global Packaging and othershared service teams as required.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of new components/modified designs with strategic sourcing and manufacturing project leads.
- Establish, maintain and manage the governance, reporting and monitoring framework for the packaging projects; i.e. weekly/monthly updates, risk registers, critical path timelines/milestones.
- Create project charters in the project managementdatabase (Project Vision); maintain project information and provide status updates within the database. Utilize various project management software and tools as required for project plan creation, scheduling and reporting.
- As required, coordinate a project portfolio view across multiple projects. This may include smaller technical projects led by engineering across a particular product family and/or BU. Provide consistent high-level project leadership, maintain an understanding of project statuses, and report progress.
- Lead/assist the creation of project budgets; monitor budget spend and report as required.
- Partner with Global Operations to incorporate operational deliverables and readiness in the project plans and ensure implementation/start-ups risk are clearly identified. Work with Finance to ensure accurate reporting of cost-down initiatives.
- Manage interdependencies between Strategic Initiatives/Margin Expansion projects and other Business Unit or Operations strategies; i.e. BU Marketing product portfolio strategies, footprint consolidation, manufacturing transfers, new product introductions, product discontinuations.
- Provide other departmental support as required by management.
- Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum level of education/experiencerequired.
- Minimum education bachelor's degree, engineering or technical preferred
- 5 -- 10 years in Project Management, PMP Certification preferred
- Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or other highly regulated industry experiencepreferred
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Additional preferred or requiredqualifications.
- Project Management expertise with proven track record of planning and execution
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Work in a matrixed organization, across international regions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to convey project information and status to varied audiences and senior leadership teams
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 20 %
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery.
We also provide products and services for device manufacturers. Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.