Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At home point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Project Manager is a seasoned professional with a strong grasp of all aspects of the project management process and excellent leadership skills. Working with little direct supervision, the PM collaborates with sponsors, champions, and cross-functional project teams to define project objectives, facilitate project approval and initiation processes, and lead the execution of assigned projects. The PM is expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously and apply sound professional judgment and moderate to extensive industry knowledge to resolve project issues and ensure positive outcomes. The PM is also a key contributor to the continuous improvement of the company’s project management processes and toolkit and may be asked to mentor other project managers.
- Provide leadership and direction to project teams, maintaining a positive atmosphere and a focus on successful execution.
- Manage project scope, timeline, and budget, ensuring adherence to defined parameters and facilitating nimble adjustments when appropriate.
- Identify risks and issues that could affect assigned projects. Document and mitigate risks where possible, and show sound judgment in escalating issues that cannot be resolved within the project team in a timely and constructive manner.
- Ensure clear and transparent communication on project status to stakeholders within and outside of the core project team.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the company’s project/program/portfolio management processes and tools; employ them and promote their use throughout the organization.
- Support and mentor other project managers.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experiencerequired.
- Minimum 5 years of project managementexperience leading large-scale change initiatives across multiple disciplines.
- Experience in financial services required, mortgage industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with various project management and process improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Waterfall, Lean, Agile, etc.)
- Professional certifications (PMP, SCRUM, etc.) are a plus.
- Excellent team-building and leadership skills.
- Extensive experience leading cross-functional projects with members from various levels of the organization in multiple locations.
- Excellent meeting facilitation, communication, conflict resolution, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills; able to clearly define a problem, formulate multiple possible solutions, and evaluate the positive and negative aspects of each possible solution.