Utilizing a consistent project framework, the Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of medium to large business and technology projects, to ensure that the project goals and business objectives are accomplished within the approved time frame and funding parameters.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Manage the project execution
a. Lead the project team to accomplish the project goals, utilizing the established delivery framework.
b. Act as a problem solver to drive decisions within scope of authority.
c. Consult with management, and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
d. Work with the project team to identify and schedule project components and tasks and then lead the team to deliver according to plan.
e. Prepare and communicate status reports indicating variances against baseline to keep all levels of management, team members, and business areas informed of project status, risks and issues.
f. Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
g. Manage project budget, reporting on actual spend and providing projections for completion.
h. Ensure that all required project management deliverables are created and accurate.
i. Prepare project for governance gate approvals.
j. Coordinate contracting activities and manage vendor communication and delivery.
2. Manage the team resources:
a. Provide leadership and facilitate a collaborative team environment that is focused on delivery.
b. Plan team resource needs and work with Resource Managers to obtain necessary resources.
c. Ensure that all team members understand their role.
d. Assign, direct, coordinate, and monitor activities of project personnel, to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
e. Collaborate with other project and program managers to manage project interdependencies.
3. Manage the expectations of the sponsors and executive team:
a. Establish positive working relationships with stakeholders and Executive Sponsors.
b. Engage internal business resources in order to understand business objectives and translate them into delivery plans.
c. Develop and gain agreement with stakeholders on project plans and budgets.
d. Work in collaboration with a business area delivery domain and participate in efforts to create an IT team that is focused on developing business area knowledge to improve solutions delivery.
e. Understand how leveraged applications provide a competitive advantage.
1. Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of progressive, broad-based information systems project management experience; OR Associate Degree or 2 years of continuing education in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline with an information technology focus with 6-8 years of progressive, broad-based information systems project management experience; OR A high school diploma or equivalent with 7-9 years of relevant experience.
2. Demonstrated competency in project management through the execution multiple mid-sized projects.
3. Effective knowledge and application of project team leadership competencies, including oral and written communications, influence and persuasion, results orientation, relationship management, facilitation, and team building
4. Scrum Master or agile team experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline with an information technology focus
2. PMI Project Management Professional certification
3. Strong knowledge of health insurance business processes
4. Experience leading package implementations and working with vendors.
5. Scrum Master certification or SAFe framework experience
Essential Physical Functions:
1. Job tasks are primarily sedentary in nature.
2. Ability to perform fine motor skills while using the computer or writing. Computer use may occur for extended periods.
3. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
4. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.