The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
This position will be based at Vandenberg AFB, near Lompoc, California.
- Responsible for Telos Corporation (as prime contractor) for Cost, Schedule, Performance, Technical Quality, Risks Management, and responsible for all aspects of the Vandenberg AFB DWDM contract effort.
- Responsible for all supervision and labor/resource management activities.
- The Program Manager (PM) coordinates all aspects of the site survey, engineering solution, installation, testing, and acceptance certification.
- Makes decisions, performs signatory authority, and commits the firm as required by TO specifications.
- Works on site at Vandenberg AFB for any project activity on base.
- Responsible for scheduling, organizing, and leading weekly meetings to track planning and progress of the project from planning stages through completion and Government acceptance.
- Responsible for providing a weekly status report deliverable in contractor format.
- Responsible for supervision of all contract personnel and performance of all contractor-related functions.
- Coordinates the timing of all contract and subcontract activities to ensure smooth synchronized installation by all contract teams. The effect of this PM effort shall minimize government involvement. (e.g., timing the asbestos abatement, rack installation, power installation, node installation, fiber connections, and node configuration). This coordination includes, but is not limited to, coordinating with government offices for site access, coordinating Government provided escorts, electronic laptop access, new rack/cabinet installation approvals, outside plant fiber connections, and final quality assurance inspections.
- Tracks Government holidays and inquires of anticipated Launch Frame Light communication room freezes and schedule around these activities.
- Consolidates and presents design, single lines, floor diagrams for approvals.
- Briefs project details and answers detailed questions about all facets of the project that might affect each site.
- Attends Vandenberg AFB Range approval and Range scheduling meetings to de-conflict against critical launch activities and schedules.
- Briefs project status when requested.
- Assists the Government with completing any site approval forms with design specific information so as to garner final approval for installation. Such forms may require, but are not limited to: site component make, model, rack elevation, floor diagram, power single lines, power surge data, ambient power data, and BTU data.
- Develops an integrated master schedule and installation work plan (can be a single Integrated Master Schedule) to the Government and provide updates to the plan as activities are completed or as dates and deliverables may shift based on Government-requested delays or vendor-related issues affecting the timeline. This plan will include procurement, installation, and configuration, testing and training aspects. Responsible for submitting the formal draft of the integrated master schedule and installation work plan within 30 days of contract award for Government review and approval.
- Leads and coordinate all management and project functions, including customer and contracting organization interface, subcontractor management, engineering, operations, deliverable documentation development, and quality and program controls.
- Coordinates and works closely with the Government PM during the contract Period of Performance to ensure program success.
- Serves as the focal point for Government/Contractor communications.
- Ensures appropriate manning to accomplish tasks and notify the Telos Corporate Program Management Office PMO (HR, Security, Quality/Safety, Finance/Accounting, Purchasing) of requirements in accordance with (IAW) the YRP/LPP Inc. 4 SOW.
- Manages all personnel required to execute all requirements of this program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Management or equivalent experience.
- Recommend ten (10) years’ experience managing facility modernization work or system projects of similar scope and complexity including three (3) years’ experience managing programs within the administrative and logistical challenges.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent required.
- Secret clearance strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Have experience managing IT and IT infrastructure-related projects.
- Well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies.
- Experience in tracking costs, schedule, and performance progress.
- Able to identify and mitigate risks.
- Have experience in project development from inception to deployment, demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction in tasks of varying levels of size and scope of effort, proven expertise in the management and control of funds and resources, demonstrated capability in managing multi‐task contracts of this type and complexity envisioned for this effort.
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.