The Project Manager is responsible for successfully managing business development work. The position works directly with other project managers, business leaders, and sub-teams. Responsibilities include general facilitation, scope definition, timeline creation, project tracking & reporting, issue escalation/resolution. Additional responsibilities include evaluating opportunities, resource management, and implementation support of long term strategic plans. The Project Manager is key to internal and external value optimizing strategies as measured by cost, quality, delivery and service levels. Job will at times require occasional travel.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages project teams or work streams.
- Facilitates execution through cross functional team members and follows-up accordingly.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains integrated project timelines for all assigned projects.
- Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables, project tasks and resource requirements.
- Tracks project progress and creates reports used in steering committees by senior leadership teams
- Works closely with project managers and functional leaders to ensure projects meets defined metrics such as customer service levels, quality, savings, budgets and schedules.
- Helps to escalate and resolve all issues related to the project in a timely manner.
- Acts as a liaison between leadership and other functions as necessary
- Organizes planning and implementation of strategic projects on schedule and within project and product cost targets.
- Supports initiation, development and implementation of strategic projects involving new technology and/or multi-plant coordination.
- Participates in the establishment and control of project investment and expense budgets for projects
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years combined project/project management, finance, strategic planning, operations, and/or business development experience.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Prior experience with business integration, separation or expansion preferred.
- Ability to analyze and organize facts to effectively present material both verbally and in writing.
- Effectively utilize communication skills, both oral and written for audiences inside and outside of the organization.
- Interface with employees at varying levels within the organization.
- Must be skilled in facilitating dynamic, cross-functional teams to achieve outstanding performance.
- Must demonstrate the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Prior experience with organizational change management.
- Ability to manage effectively, directly and indirectly, in a team-oriented environment; lead and influence without authority.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently at times to complete tasks efficiently, timely and accurately.
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive & dynamic environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Curious and willing to learn new things.
- Intermediate to advanced skill levels in MS Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint, Project.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Positive, "Whatever it takes" attitude.
- Able to travel on occasion (less than 25%) internationally and domestically to perform assigned duties.