Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Payments team focuses on payments modernization! We support financial institutions globally in meeting their payments unification goals. We bring payment systems and operations up to next generation technology and the next generation’s customer demands.
What you will be doing
The Project Manager Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of assigned technical delivery projects. Projects may be focused on development of new or upgraded products and services, internal information system-specific projects that may involve development or enhancement of internal applications, technology integration and/or infrastructure environment build-out, delivery by service teams for outsourced solutions to external clients or delivery of new or enhanced products and/or services to improve customer satisfaction through use of technology.
- Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed. Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery. Responsible for Knowledge Transfer and follow-up.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Typically requires 10 or more years of experience in Project Management
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Knowledge of financial services industry or payments
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients