DPR Construction is seeking a special services group (SSG) project manager with a minimum of 5 years of commercial constructionexperience.
The project manager will be ultimately responsible for the day-to-day execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk and business management of multiple special services group projects ($10 million and under) from pre-construction through closeout.
Management will be of commercial projects within our core markets: healthcare, advanced technology, life sciences, higher education and corporate office. Project managers will work closely with all members of the project team, project executives and regional leadership teams.
- Management of all project team members (senior project engineer, project engineers, superintendents, and field office coordinator). Project teams could range from 4-12 employees.
- Mentor and train project engineers for fast-paced growth development and apply DPR’s people practices.
- 100% detailed/hands-on knowledge of project scope.
- Solid understanding of building processes and systems.
- Cost control/billings/collections/change management/monthly status reports.
- Ability to do cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
- Key point of contact with owner and architect.
- Challenge & support jobsite and self-perform work team.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, critical success factors, and customer satisfaction results.
- OSHPD experiencedesired.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager, preferably within DPR’s core markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- This position is salaried.