New York, NY
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 103 days ago
back to current positions
Project Manager Special Projects
Our Client is a preeminent property company which owns and manages an extensive portfolio of real property concentrated in metropolitan New York and New Jersey. Although they focus on the residential and office sectors, the Company also maintains significant hotel and retail assets. Together with their affiliates, they have developed and built the majority of their own portfolio tobecome one of the world’s leading property firms, leveraging our internal development and construction management capabilities. The Department’s responsibilities include management of the Newport project site, infrastructure, amenities, parking garages and leased retail spaces.
Our Client seeks an individual to fill a position for Project Manager of Development and Special Projects. This position reports to the Senior Development Manager and Director of Development and Special Projects, and provides project management support, design and construction oversight and analytical support in many areas of the Department’s responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
1.) Project Management (including Design, RFP’s/Bidding, Construction)
· Prepare, analyze and recommend scope, budgets, schedules and internal company reportsand recommendations for Senior management review on design and construction projects;
· Oversee a variety of projects from inception through substantial completion and occupancy, including design, bidding, permitting, construction and project close out;
· Coordinate the RFP process, including oversight of scope, bid review, scheduling and contractor recommendation to Senior management;
· Monitor schedule, overall project costs and change orders regularly on design and construction projects to ensure quality, budget control and schedule adherence;
· Review of all construction plans, RFIs, submittals, insurance, change orders and invoices.
2.) Retail Leasing and Management
· Assist in retail leasing efforts for the retail portfolio in New Jersey including coordination withoutside brokerage firms, Lease and Work Letter preparation and document drafting;
· Coordinate Landlord’s Work and Tenant Fit Outs for existing retail tenants and vacant spaces, including site visits, scope determination and construction/improvement oversight on behalf of the Landlord;
· Assist in compliance related to on-going maintenance of systems and utility usage.