Project Manager, Special Inspections
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: New York City
State: New York
Currently we are looking for a Special Inspection Project Managers for immediate Building, Transportation, & Infrastructure Projects. The ideal candidate must meet some or all of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing Special Inspection & Material Testing contract work in the city of NY, varied in Size and complexity.
- Familiarity with Chapter 17 of the NYC building code as well as AABC; ACI; AWS; NEBB; & NICET
- Current training in: fall protection, scaffolding and ladders, work-zone safety, & minimum of 10-hour OSHA construction safety.
Special Inspection Project Manager Overview
Responsible for ensuring that all Special Inspection tasks are carried out as per chapter 17 of the NYC Building Code, documenting the construction process and inspecting each stage of construction as required by code. Project Managers must also work directly with other managers to ensure that all projects meet the minimum standards of quality set forth by BVNA. They must balance quality control standards, productivity, scheduling demands, & budgetary requirements.
Qualified professionals will also have:
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings & specifications
- Reliable means of transportation & valid driver’s license
- Willingness to learn
- Works well with a team and individually
- Familiarity with construction industry codes