McCarthy's Solar Business Unit is looking for Project Managers to manage large utility-scale solar projects throughout continental United States. This is a great opportunity to assist both developers and power companies on some of the largest and most unique solar jobs in the country with excellent opportunity for future growth within McCarthy.
The Solar Project Manager role requires travel within the continental U.S.
- Assist in developing project chart of accounts, site logistics plan and detailed CPM construction schedule
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the McCarthy/Owner contract, develop and maintain the detailed project contract status report.
- Coordinate/participate with the Project Director and Operations Department in the actual buyout of the project, including negotiating and issuing subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Continuously monitor project labor to verify that the project is properly staffed for schedule and budget requirements.
- Establish, maintain and lead the on-site Quality Management process
- Oversee the pay request process, job cost report and total cost projection reports
- Ensure project quality and effective implementation of safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
- Train and monitor progress of all project labor and staff performance and development
- Review and approve material orders and installation work plans
- Develop, schedule and lead project close-out processes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, subcontractors and owners to represent McCarthy’s core values
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years experience with solar/energy related projects of $10M+
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
- Experience leading successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Ability to travel full-time based on project needs