Would you love helping project teams infuse "just enough" planning and organization to reduce roadblocks, increase productivity and make their jobs easier? Are you passionate about negotiating project priorities and options based on business value and needs? Do you enjoy coordinating across teams to create transparency and ensure identified solutions meet stakeholder needs? If so, VUHL may have the perfect job for you! We are seeking someone who is experienced in project and portfolio management to help us deliver on our Innovation and Marketing visions and lead continuous improvement efforts around automation, tools and processes within Technology. This position will be based in Columbia, Missouri.
- Lead and facilitate multiple agile projects from initiation and planning through successful execution and closure.
- Leverage appropriate project and portfolio management tools and practices based on project needs.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with project teams, leadership, vendors and contract personnel.
- Elicit, evaluate and document scope, requirements, user stories and as-is/to-be processes.
- Seek and lead continuous improvement opportunities that help teams deliver quicker while enhancing quality.
- Communicate across the organization and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Develop and deliver reports and recommendations as appropriate.
- Stellar face-to-face & written communication skills, including facilitation skills.
- Ability to organize and manage at both a high level and detailed level.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and ability to adjust communication to various audiences.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of audiences, including senior management and SMEs.
- Passion to learn and apply new technologies.
- Ability to independently prioritize and execute tasks effectively while managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement Agile and Lean process improvements in project delivery.
- Ability to create visual representations of complex information to effectively convey ideas.
- Experience building and managing content in Confluence or SharePoint.
- Have credentials or certifications like PMP, PMI-ACP or CSM? Let's hear about them!
- Proficiency using project management tools and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- 4+ years of experience in Project, Portfolio or Program Management OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience leading process development and improvement initiatives a plus.