More than 90 of the world’s top 100 financial institutions and a majority of the top 25 European retailers rely on our services every day. We don’t take that kind of commitment and trust lightly. It’s what drives our organization of 24,000 global employees to make decisions that put you and your consumers first. We’re taking the lead in the drive for connected commerce, bridging the physical and digital worlds of currency and payments to enable more seamless consumer experiences in our new reality: a constantly evolving omnichannel world where disruptive competition is a daily occurrence, and consumers expect all of us to be “on,” 24/7, 365 days a year. There are opportunities all around us, and we’re more prepared than ever before to meet them head on.
*This particular posting is a `pipeline' job posting; it has been created in an effort to help identify perspective candidates interested in being considered for positions such as this one as they become available across the United States. By submitting your profile to this requisition, you are not formally applying for an open position with Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated; rather you are indicating an interest in being contacted when roles like this do become open.
Position Summary: Provide Project Management for the customization and integration of core software products as Professional Services customer projects.
- Perform lead role of managing projects throughout the entire project cycle.
- Work with Sales Representatives to assist with RFPs and other pre-sales activities.
- Prepare SOWs, effort estimations, project plans, and staffing plans.
- Perform Risk Management and Quality Management activities.
- Manage a project team and monitor performance against planning, including financials.
- Prepare and present formal status reporting to senior management and stakeholders.
- Perform as main project point of contact for customers.
- Deliver project deliverables with quality, on time, and in budget.
Role Qualifications: The individual accepting this position should possess a 4yeardegree in a related field and at least 6years ofexperience managing Software development projects, preferably in theRetailindustry.
- 6+ years of experience in project management.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills including formal presentations.
- Training on andexperiencewith PMI methodologies, including:
- Project Leadership, Management, and Communications
- Scheduling and Cost Control
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- PMI, PMP, or CAPM certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and various Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of store systems, processes, and applications.
- Experience with retail processes and procedures. Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to advocate for the customer.
- Expertise in writing detailed project reports using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Self-motivation, resourcefulness and a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing deadline driven environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize as workload changes.
- Conscientiousness with consistent follow-through on projects.
- Advanced organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- The ability to correspond independently with senior executives.
- Experience working in cross-functional/international project teams.