SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration.
Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Phoenix office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for Project Managers for our Workplace and Healthcare markets to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Provide leadership and management necessary for all facets of projects and be responsible for achieving overall project goals.
- Lead and supervise the project team, delegating assignments.
- Lead/coordinate communication efforts with client, consultants and within project team.
- Provide design leadership to projects and ensure designs are fully developed and complete for the entire project, design decisions are consistent throughout and translated into coherent well-organized documents using company standard methods to the greatest degree possible.
- Oversee design schedule to insure that design decisions and documentation are complete at critical milestones.
- Provide construction administration leadership for studio’s largest design commissions.
- Establish guidelines of professional service agreements with clients and consultants.
- Develop and define project schedule to meet contractual obligations and to match team size and skills.
- Develop complete documents for architectural aspects and coordinate consultants work for all other documents.
- Manage or review invoices for clients and consultants.
An ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 10 - 15 years of progressive professional experience leading medium to large-scale Workplace and Healthcare projects.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional registration required and LEED AP (preferred).
- A career focused in large, complex facilities.
- An established local professional network.
- Thorough knowledge of entire project delivery process. Must be comfortable managing the client, the process, and the project team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, articulate and a strong presenter.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a multi-disciplinary team setting, collaborating, and client satisfaction.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.