SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Dallas office of SmithGroupJJR, is looking for a Project Manager to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with other office and project leaders to strategize successful project delivery, financial performance and risk mitigation.
- Manage a range of medium to large size architectural projects.
- Develop positive client relationships and work as the client’s advocate by identifying and balancing client expectations within the context of contractualobligations, corporate goals, and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting the teams in developing and documenting a shared vision and work plan for each project.
- Manage client relationships with multiple projects and teams.
- Manage project delivery to ensure the highest quality of documentation.
- Communicate with all project participants, internal staff, consultants, clients, owners, contractors and jurisdictions in an effective and collaborative manner.
- Develop and define project schedule to meet contractual obligations and to match team size and skill.
- Establishment and ongoing update of project staffing requirements consistent with contractual obligations.
- Provide technical and administrative supervision of the multi-disciplinary project staff assuring the technical, administrative and schedule targets are met within the framework of corporate policy and in accordance with applicable professional and corporate standards.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for project performance and personal behavior.
- Manage project communiques, delivery and deliverables to ensure the highest quality of documentation and professionalism.
- Visit construction sites to gather information, answer contractor questions and prepare punch list as owner’s representative.
- Participate in business development efforts through proposal development and interview participation.
- Partner with Project Accountants for budgeting project to ensure all project financial standings are met ensuring timely and accurate billing and monitor project accounts receivable. They also will assist with the Project Accountants when project audits are conducted.
- Participation in relevant professional organizations to foster a positive perception of the firm
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture or Master of Architectural Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Professional registration or PE required or close to obtaining.
- LEED AP or LEED GA preferred.
- 7 – 15 years’ of project management experience in Science & Technology and Higher Education projects.
- Project experience in a range of project types, complexity and scale.
- Comfortable managing clients, project teams and project processes.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- An articulate presenter.
- Demonstrated commitment to design excellence.
- Demonstrated understanding of code implementation and jurisdiction review.
- Demonstrated understanding of construction practices and methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of Revit, Microstation, and expertise in InDesign, and Microsoft applications.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.