8 - 10 years experience • Architecture & Construction
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Mandarin Speaking Project Manager for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Desired skills and expertise:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Architecture..
- 7 or more years of progressively responsible project experience.
- Licensed Architect preferred.
- Previous experience working for an American firm doing business with companies in the People's Republic of China strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of architectural design, drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques and costs.
- Proven knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning, civil, structural, and mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants and vendors.
- Proven ability in problem identification, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability and willingness to travelinternationally on a regular basis.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.