11 - 15 years experience • Real Estate
PCI Skanska has opportunities to support existing clients in the Davenport, Iowa region. Your role will include providing Project Management services as an Owner’s Representative for various capital investment projects for the Aluminum manufacturing industry.
Overall, we look for employees that have excellent problem solving and communication skills, that are able to learn on the fly, adapt to change and are able to find solutions to challenges. We also look for people that are sensitive to the need to change their personal and interpersonal behavior quickly to effectively communicate with and influence others. We want people that can be counted on when times get tough and not shirk their personal responsibilities; and people that will adhere to our core values and beliefs at all times.
Specifically you will be required to perform the following:
Perform on the Owner’s behalf as their Project Manager with total ownership for overall project delivery. Projects may be related to equipment maintainability, overhaul, and upgrade; infrastructure maintenance and renewal; sustainability; energy conservation; and general facility upgrades. Client technical resources will participate in initial scope development and definition, and equipment evaluations where appropriate. The role of this position is overall project delivery, including:
• Project scope development, in consultation with client technical resources.
• Liaison with internal and external design/engineering resources.
• Preparation of capital project stage-gate and approval documents required to obtain client capital funding.
• Liaison with internal and external bidding and procurement resources.
• Coordination between plant operations, maintenance, and construction personnel/contractors for project implementation.
• Coordination between commissioning resources, plant personnel, training, equipment hand-off and documentation control as required.
• Project close out, documentation handover.
Skills and Attributes required to succeed in this role include:
• Focus on Scope, Budget and Schedule - committed to maintaining a clear understanding of project goals and objectives while insuring that the client and project team members stay on track in regards to scope, budget and schedule.
• Change Management - ability to keenly recognize changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule or a deviation from the Client’s original primary goals and objectives. Brings early awareness of changes as appropriate and follows through until the changes are addressed.
• Safety and Quality - committed to insuring that all PCI Skanska’s Safety and Quality guidelines are performed.
• Committed to High Standards in Professionalism - punctual to meetings, doesn’t wait to the last minute to deliver commitments, follows through on unresolved/unanswered tasks, maintains a sense of urgency to complete tasks, thorough, detail conscious.
• Committed to Client Focus and Customer Service - accessible, returns phone calls/e-mails promptly, takes action from the client’s perspective, insures client expectations are met, intuitive to a client’s culture and way of conducting business, consistent in follow-through, doesn’t assume clients are satisfied.
• Takes Ownership in Responsibility - provides overall project leadership for internal and external resources including the client’s resources assigned to the project. Willing to take sole responsibility for the success/failure of a project while relying on technical resources for their technical knowledge.
• Resourceful/Flexible - ability to adjust to ever changing conditions by utilizing a variety of internal and external resources while maintaining clear focus on the project’s original goals and objectives.
• Ability to Multi-task - capable of managing multiple projects that are in different phases of delivery while managing multiple/conflicting priorities per project as well as between projects.
• Strong Presentation, Organization and Written/Verbal Communication - maintains a blend of written, phone calls and face-to-face communications, knowledge of good grammar and sentence structure in written communications, good listener and seeks to achieve clear communication.
• Ability to Delegate - realizes that others need to be relied on for technical details. Willing to allow their technical guidance to shape the direction of a project as long as the project’s goals and objectives are achieved. Sets clear expectations and allows project team members the flexibility to add value.
Requirements and Preferences
Applicants should have a minimum of a BS in Project Management or a technical related field such as Engineering, Construction Management or Facility Management, and at least 10 years of related experience in Aluminum Manufacturing. A working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Outlook, Word and Excel are required at the time of hire.