The Project Manager is in charge of the Project Management Team. The Project Manager is responsible to plan and oversee the project to ensure a timely and cost effective outcome. This includes budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the project. He/she will oversee a smooth transition from the estimate/pre-construction phase to construction, including design management, if applicable, in order to protect the bid position. He/she is responsible for ensuring the project/area is constructed in a safe, ethical manner, and in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation;
- Maintain strong relationships with clients, designers and consultants;
- Hiring of subcontractors/vendors including negotiations, sub agreements, material agreements and PO’s;
- Engage, hire, manage third party resources (engineering, subject matter experts, consultants, etc.);
- Management of subcontractors and vendors schedule, performance, and payments;
- Ensure compliance with project and Skanska’s DBE compliance program;
- Chair project meetings, including project team, owner and subcontractors meetings;
- Complete understanding of the contract including Skanska’s contractual obligations and the owners obligations;
- Identify Project Risk and develop Mitigation Plans;
- Ensure timely notices as required to the owner to protect Skanska interests regarding extra work, design changes, delays, impacts, etc.;
- Manage project claims in collaboration with Skanska’s Legal Department;
- Project submittals, process RFIs & shop drawings, as required by the Owner;
- Manage and coordinate onsite staff;
- Manage the project budget utilizing Skanska’s Cost Control Systems;
- Compile reports regarding financial, schedule and production reports for the Project Executive;
- Prepare and coordinate payments from owner and ensure timely payments;
- Develop and maintain the project schedule in sync with the project budget;
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan with Superintendent staff;
- Ensure the project delivers a quality product meeting Skanska’s high quality standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of allresponsibilities, duties and skillsrequired of personnel so classified. Duties andresponsibilitiesmay be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
What We’re Looking For:
- Thorough understanding of Lump Sum, Design Build and EPC contracts;
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strong understanding of financial operations and corporate cost control;
- Computer proficient and the ability to adapt to new innovations and processes;
- Strong written, communication, and problem solving skills;
- Strong math/accounting and estimating skills;
- Exceptional understanding of construction industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of;
- 8 year’s extensive experience in management of construction projects.