Project Manager/Senior Transportation Engineer
Department:New HampshireLocation:Bedford, NH
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Bedford, NH office has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, highly organized, detail-oriented Project Manager/Senior Transportation Engineer to join our experienced team of planners, engineers, and scientists.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Serve as the project manager/task leader on the planning and design of public and private transportation projects, managing multiple, simultaneous projects with various topics and complexity levels
- Conduct alternatives analysis, traffic impact studies, and corridor feasibility studies
- Develop, maintain and update project budgets and schedules
- Lead development of project deliverables and provide quality management
- Work directly with clients and deliver superior service
- Manage project finances and contract requirements
- Conduct technical analysis and prepare project reports
- Take an active role in business development and identify transportation prospects
- Develop technical proposals and prepare fee proposals
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations
- Represent VHB at conferences, seminars, and industry organizations and events
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage complex projects of multidisciplinary nature
- Work in a collaborative, multidiscipline environment
- Strong client relationship management expertise
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Active in regional industry organizations
- Public outreach and community presentations experience
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of transportation engineering experience in a professional consulting environment, including a minimum of two years of transportation project management experience
- PE licensure
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.