Do you thrive in a dynamic, committed, and professional environment and would you like to be a part of a team that positively effects change? Are you up for a challenge of driving client experience forward?
You can “Find Your Forward" as part of our team at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and you will join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 23,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a dedication to innovation.
It is an outstanding time to join Fiserv and take on a rewarding and challenging role that helps to drive significant change in a rapidly evolving and growing organization.
About the Role:
- DNA Project Managers are invaluable leaders within our business in coordinating the implementation of complex projects completed by our Fiserv team.
- Project Managers should be inspiring leaders who are well organized, decisive, multi taskers that can balance a project timeline, budget and overall scope of a project while overseeing the completion of the individual tasks assigned to their team.
- Fiserv Project Managers enjoy the flexibility of working on a variety of projects and relish in the benefits and satisfaction of bringing their assigned projects to a successful completion.
About our Business:
- DNA from Fiserv offers financial services organizations account processing platforms to streamline operations, quickly adapt to changing business needs and manage relationships in real-time and through all channels. The DNA Project Management Team manages DNA Data Conversions, Mergers and Acquisitions as well as DNA Migration Projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- The purpose of the Project Manager’s job is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor medium to large sized scope and budget projects. The Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects typically impact a single business unit or functional area. The Senior Project Manager is expected to work under moderate supervision with oversight provided by the Project Management Office management team.
- Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
- Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
- Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
- Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
- Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
- Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of organizations.
- Manage third party relationships involved in the overall implementation project to include scheduling activities, maintaining budget control and insuring deliverables are properly defined and completed on schedule.
- Communicate all changes to schedule and scope on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience accompanied with a High School Diploma/GED.
- Stakeholder Partnership:
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with project team members
- Ability to influence project team, internal, and/or external stakeholders
- Ability to understand project stakeholder needs, interests, and influence for project success
- Ability to practically apply project management concepts to facilitate the achievement of business objectives ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery
- Ability to analyze the situation and leverage team to define an executable plan to meet project goals
- Team Leadership:
- Ability to ensure team alignment on project goals, objectives and business outcomes
- Ability to lead with support from project sponsor, when needed
- Accountability & Commitment:
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Ability to identify project obstacles, proactively mitigate risks and escalate and resolve issues effectively
- Learning Agility:
- Ability to quickly grasps new concepts and translate to others
- Ability to respond effectively to new information, situations and individuals
- Business Acumen:
- Ability to gather and analyze information needed to improve satisfaction levels of clients
- Ability to understand how project connects to broader company goals
- Problem Solving:
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate project problems to stakeholders
- Ability to proactively develop solutions to project challenges
- Ability to drive project problems to closure
- Process adherence:
- Ability to engage in project initiating activities such as identifying stakeholders, identifying project management approach, defining roles and responsibilities, etc.
- Ability to practically apply project methodologies and practices to execute project, manage changes, and identify risks.
Travel Required: 65%
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.