Project Manager/Senior Environmental Engineer
Department:NYPC-NYCLocation:New York, NY
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Environmental Services practice is seeking a New York State-licensed Senior Environmental Engineer/Project Manager to join our team in New York City. This is a senior-level position that will involve managing hazardous waste investigations including, but not limited to, environmental site assessments, soil, groundwater and soil vapor studies, as well as remedial action. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and possess longstanding relationships with well-known developers, environmental attorneys, New York City regulatory agencies and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC). We are seeking a well-rounded individual who also has strong technical expertise in remedial action.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Project and task management of Environmental Site Assessments, remedial action
- Preparation of site-specific deliverables including remedial action plans, health and safety plans, and environmental closure documents
- Assist in the growth of our hazardous materials practice organically through client maintenance and business development
- General knowledge of City Environmental Quality Review and assist in Hazardous Materials Assessments in support of our growing CEQR practice
- Writing and technical reporting
- Coordination with clients and regulators
- Environmental permit support
Skills And Abilities
- Must demonstrate strong technical knowledge
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal presentations and technical writing is essential
- Detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Team-oriented with strong capability to work independently, as well as interdependently our other service practices
- Motivated to lead and mentor others
- Demonstrated past business development success
- BS in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology or related field
- 10+ years of experience in preparation of environmental site assessments and environmental engineering
- PE licensure in New York State
- Extensive experience in the oversight and completion of remedial action on sites with unique risks
- Groundwater experience including dewatering to New York City sewers, and in-situ treatment systems
- Experience with engineering controls and site constraints, including containment walls, composite cover systems, methane venting, etc.
- Experience with the design and installation of soil vapor barriers and depressurization/extraction systems
- Extensive knowledge of New York City agencies (DEP and OER) and pathways through the regulatory process
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of engineering and relevant software (AutoCAD, ArcGIS, etc.)
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.