The incumbent is responsible for overseeing all operations for small, medium, and large-scale security projects, including but not limited to: contract management, material procurement, permitting, planning, scheduling, financialreporting, quality assurance, sub-contractor management, internal staff scheduling and supervision, internal department coordination, safety, equipment management, and monitoring contract/sub contract performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Performs and/or assists with estimating and proposal writing.
- Is ultimately responsible for the on-time and on-budget completion of the project. Manages all financial aspects of the project.
- Ensures that the requirements of the contract and the customer are fulfilled.
- Serves as the primary contact for the customer on issues related to the contract/project.
- Enforces a strict safety program that focuses on accident prevention. Maintains a safe work environment for employees, subcontractors, visitors, and the general public. Monitors compliance with the company’s safety policies.
- Ensures that all activities on the project are conducted in such a way that protects company assets and adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Manages the preparation of strategic plans, budgets, reports, equipment requisitioning, and financial forecasts.
- Manages internal resources as well as subcontractors and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred but not required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A minimum of five years of progressively more responsiblesecurity and management experience in the implementation of multi-million dollar, large-scale security programs. Work experience with commercial electrical or physical and electronic-type security projects. Desirable work experience includes construction field management, contract management, project oversight responsibility, QA/QC surveillance and/or estimating. Supervisory experience is an essential requirement. Successful candidates must be able to pass drug screening, possess a valid driver’s license, be able to obtain and maintain a valid US passport. Domestic travel may be required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret constructioncontracts, construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to upper management and public groups as necessary both in written or oral formats. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports. Should possess good customer service abilities along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction with other departments and field employees and outside calls are frequently fielded and must be handled in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to travel to local and remote sites, walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Job Reference: VA013118PM