Ace Info Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a Project Manager/SCRUM Master.
This position will manage multiple application development projects, and oversees all aspects of assigned projects and the software application development life cycle. They will set schedules and deadlines, assigns tasks and responsibilities, allocates resources and summarize progress of project in an iterative methodology environment. They will also be responsible for leading daily standups for multiple scrum teams, leading retrospectives, guiding sprint planning and presenting sprint demos. This position will interact with the product owner, business analysts, developers and QA engineers on a daily basis to deliver requested functionality.
- PM/SM will be responsible for the build-up, coordination, and completion of project.
- Manages multiple application development projects, and oversees all aspects of assigned projects and the software application development life cycle.
- Sets schedules and deadlines, assigns tasks and responsibilities, allocates resources, and monitors and summarizes progress of project in an iterative methodology environment.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, other teams and organizations, contractors, vendors, and others.
- Prepares project status reports for upper management.
- Reviews project milestones and products; responsible for all deliverables.
- Implements organization standards and best practices in project execution, and ensures projects are clearly documented and communicated to stakeholders.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies for example stand-up meetings, retrospectives, sprint planning sessions, etc.
- Protect scrum teams from outside distractions, impediments, and maintain focus on completing product backlog items.
- Manage agile activities which includes user story creation, acceptance criteria definition, product backlogs grooming, and identifying key dependencies and risks.
- Provide guidance to teams on internal and external communication, improve transparency, and to be self-organized and self-managed.
- Recommend and implement the use of agile metrics to provide feedback and monitor trends on productivity, quality, and predictability.
- Facilitate PI planning meetings with stakeholders and scrum teams to groom backlog, refine features, and estimate stories.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and scrum teams to track milestones and deliverables.
- 3+ years with SCRUM Master experience leading agile scrum teams at a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of experience and management in software development life cycle(SDLC).
- Ability to triage scrum team issues based on priority, impact, risk and release timing.
- PMP Certification or the ability to quickly obtain certification prior to hire date.
- Expert knowledge of application development (SDLC) from planning and inception through implementation and post-production support.
- Strong Agile knowledge.
- Leadership / Coach / mentoring leadership style (micro managers need not apply).
- Possess knowledge and expertise in the use of various delivery methodologies and have a clear understanding of change management techniques.
- Experience in project management disciplines including organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks, building a functional team from scratch, and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- The ability to remove blockers that are impeding team and customer success in a heavy regulated / multi-stakeholder environment.
- Leadership capabilities, team-centric skills and strong solution orientation.
- Seeks first to understand then to improve processes, relationships and our software deliverables.
- Good balance of urgency with long turn sustainability (it is a marathon not a sprint).
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbally, including in external customer-facing situations.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; balancing strategic alignment with technology road map and emerging industry trends with practical delivery.
- Experience with business process workflow automation.
- Experience with agile management and tracking tools for example Jira, Rally or Pivotal Tracker.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Prepare reports and able to present to all levels of management.
- Ability to understand complex issues and facilitate resolution.
- In-depth field experience in adopting SAFe and agile practices in the enterprise environments.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide leadership to development teams to find creative solutions for difficult issues.
- Working experience with Atlassian collaboration tools as example Jira, Confluence, and eazyBI reports.
- Enterprise / Cloud software experience.
- Large organization experience.
- Experience managing government projects.