SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
We are seeking a talented individual that is committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a highdegree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager for our Science & Technology and Learning Studio in our San Francisco office. We seek a professional with both cutting-edge design concepts and an understanding of the complex nature of science and technology projects.
This position will operate independently and in a group setting, with the opportunity for design ownership as well as client and team leadership. This position will also participate in marketing pursuits and demonstrate design talent to our future clients.
Working with us, you will:
- Provide project management expertise with overall responsibility for client satisfaction, service quality and financial performance.
- Provide leadership in order to carry out the goals and objectives of the project and communicate with design team members and various consultants in a timely manner.
- Establish and monitor project budgets and schedules.
- Assist with staffing requirements of projects.
- Manage team of 2 to 6 junior and intermediate designers and project architect on a rotating basis.
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractual requirements for professional services.
- Develop and maintain work plans.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the staff.
- Assist with business development efforts. Participate in marketing proposals and interviews.
- Maintain a high profile in relevant professional organizations to promote the firm.
We are looking for:
- Minimum 15 years of experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in the Architecture field. Experience withinstitutional or science and technology occupancies is required.
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Licensed Architect required.
- Demonstrated expertise in Revit, Sketch up, AutoCAD 3D, Rhino, 3D Studio Max, preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Knowledge of the Bay Area client pool, preferred.
- Strong Marketing ability required.
- Ability to lead the design efforts through all stages of a project, including leadership with the client, contractors and internal team.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a team setting, communicating with others and with a history of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated commitment to design.
- Excellent management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.