Our Employee Value Proposition
Critical to the needs of our Project Management Department, the Project Manager manages all activities associated with the construction of an assigned project. This may include managing or coordination with a team of Project Coordinators, Project Administrators, and other Project Managers.
In return, Schuff Steel will offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
- 5+ years related experience as a Project Manager in the structural steel industry OR 5 years' experience as a Project Coordinator/Engineer along with 3 years detailing/drafting/computer modeling experience HS Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Structural/Civil Engineering, or Business may substitute for 3 years of the required experience
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine time frames, funding limitations, procedures for project completion, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases.
- Ensures that all contractual terms and obligations of such projects are maintained.
- Ensures projects meet cost requirements. Meets with VP of PM if costs exceed budget and obtains permission before approving out-of-budget costs.
- Assures proper accounting for project change orders.
- Interfaces with necessary departments/subcontractors to determine the scheduling of work and materials.
- Meet with customers/vendors to identify barriers with resolutions to maximize production/minimize costs.
- Visits job site as needed and required. This may consist of out-of-state travel.
- Prepares reports for management. Meets with key personnel to ensure timeliness of project.
- Meets and confers with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Contractors, Detailers, and Plant and Field crews to verify accuracy and completeness of all construction drawings.
- Reviews plans and proposals and determines proper procedures in order to accomplish company/department goals.
- Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented to ensure Schuff's interests are protected.
- Directs, coordinates, and monitors activities being completed by project teams to ensure the overall quality of work