The Project Manager work hands-on leading our clients and internal staff in implementing our proprietary applications. This position requires technical aptitude, business/industry knowledge, and customer-facing skills. The Project Manager may spend part of their time at the client site, working directly with the customers’ business and technical teams. The rest of the time may be spent in the office or employee home office, depending on the account requirements.
Projects are staffed to provide both business and technical expertise for the client. The responsibilities outlined below represent the overall duties accomplished by the team. An individual contributor may be accountable for only a sub-set of the duties listed.
Outside of primary project responsibilities and/or while not assigned full time to a specific project, members of the Project Management group will take on internal responsibilities as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring that in-house and customer projects are delivered in scope, on-time, in superior quality and on-budget.
- Utilize Agile or waterfall project management methodologies and relevant supporting software in the planning, scheduling, reporting and change management of the projects.
- Manage (in a matrix way) business analysts, developers and testers throughout the project lifecycle - from business requirements acquisition to a successful go-live.
- Create, monitor and execute project plans.
- Work closely with the project technical leads in the creation and management of project artifacts, schedules and budgets.
- Governance - provision of customer project statuses, project timeline maintenance, project plan performance reporting, etc
- Estimate and create project budgets including but not limited to: tracking and monitoring project cost, review of budgets and costs with customer and internal management, management and maintenance of detailed project time records for all members of the project team.
- Management of problem reports and working with the technical lead on the scheduling of workarounds and fixes for such items.
- Audit implementations to ensure the implementation processes defined internally are followed.
- Manage customer expectations and deliverables including as appropriate client issues management and escalation.
- Report, document and manage risks, risk mitigation activities and the resolution of system delivery and support issues.
- Support the sales and account management functions to expand the customer relationship beyond the projects.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of overall experience in leading software implementation projects, which included development and delivery to customers
- Preferably, industry domain experience within the P&C sector
- Position requires travel according to customers need
- Experience with all aspects of project management practices including use of Microsoft Project
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has ability to manage and prioritize concurrent work assignments
- Experience leading teams providing coaching, mentoring and training to customers
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience working with Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Strong business orientation and experience in direct interaction with customers
- Knowledge and experience in project delivery methodology
- A history of delivering projects meeting requirements, on schedule and under budget
- Strong customer support experience
- Must possess demonstrated exceptional oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Motivated to succeed with a can-do approach
- PMP certification – preferred